The Department of Public Works and Highways is allocating P1.23 billion from its 2021 budget for the study of 82 proposed projects
Of the total, 33 proposed projects are in Luzon, 19 are in the Visayas, and 29 are in Mindanao
The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) is allocating P1.23 billion from its 2021 budget for 82 projects that are now under feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed engineering design, economic analysis, technical studies, and traffic impact assessment.
Of the total, 33 proposed projects are in Luzon, 19 projects are in the Visayas, and 29 projects are in Mindanao, and they have already received study funding. The budget comes from DPWH’s P695.7 billion allocation under the 2021 General Appropriations Act.
Luzon projects include:
- Samson Road to North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) Connector Link Project that costs P36.9 million
- P11-million Alaminos-Lucap Bypass Road in Pangasinan
- Seven projects costing P94.4 million in the Cordillera Administrative Region, including the Mongol-Nalbu-Alimit-Nattum-Dulao Road and Boliwog-Abinuan-Alimit (Mayoyao) Road
- Four projects in Region 2 costing P37.5 million, including the Baybayog Bypass Road and Quezon-Delfin Abano Road
- Four projects in Region 3 costing P60 million, including the San Miguel-Cabanatuan Road and San Leonardo-San Antonio Bypass Road and Concepcion-Mabalacat Bypass Road
- Seven projects in Region 4-A costing P126.3 million, including the Batangas Grand Terminal Flyover, Cavite-Batangas Bypass Road, and Tanza-Nasugbu Road
- Four projects in Region 4-B costing P68.6 million and covering the Sablayan-Sta. Cruz Diversion Road and Lubang Island Circumferential Road
- Five projects in Region 5 costing P47.1 million, including the Sipocot Bypass Road and Mabolo-Almeda Bypass Road
Projects in the Visayas are the following:
- Three projects in Region 6 costing P66.4 million, including the Capiz-Aklan Coastal Road
- Six projects in Region 7 costing P106.2 million and covering, among others, the Pamplona-Tanjay City-Bayawan City Road and Mambaling South Boulevard
- 10 projects in Region 8 costing P108.9 million, including the Baybay-McArthur Road and Nabang-Gadgaran Diversion Road
Mindanao projects include:
- Four projects in Region 9 costing P71.4 l million, including the Sirawai-Tungawan Diversion Road in Zamboanga del Norte and Putik-Campo Island Diversion Road in Zamboanga City
- 11 projects in Region 10 costing P160.4 million, covering Iligan City-Magsaysay Agri-Industrial Road and Dansolihan-Camp Kibaritan-Languindingan Road
- Four projects in Region 11 costing P51.5 million, covering Panacan-Bunawan Flyover and Tagum City-Sto. Tomas Diversion Road
- Two projects in Region 12 costing P17.4 million, including Bolebak-Pansud Alternate Road and Midsayap-Libungan Bypass Road
- Eight projects in Region 13, including the Libanga-San Miguel Road and NRJ Santiago-Cantilan Road
- Poblacion Sta. Maria-Malungon Road, an inter-regional road connecting Davao del Sur to Sarangani, costing P17.4 million
“On top of thousands of ongoing projects under DPWH, 82 new high-impact projects are being studied so we can further improve road network across the country,” DPWH said.
“Timely studies are crucial to successful project development as they lay the foundation for the implementation or civil works phase,” it added.