Light Rail Transit Line 1 Cavite Extension Phase 1 is 94% complete
It is expected to open in fourth quarter of 2024
The 6.7-kilometer project involves the development of five new stations from Redemptorist Station (Baclaran) to Dr. Santos Station in Parañaque
The Light Rail Transit Line 1 (LRT-1) Cavite Extension Phase 1 is 94% complete and is expected to start operations on the fourth quarter of 2024, the Light Rail Manila Corporation (LRMC) said in a statement.
The private operator of LRT-1 said the 6.7-kilometer Phase 1 project includes the development of five new stations, each at various stages of completion:
- Redemptorist Station (86.3% completion), situated southbound after the existing Baclaran station
- MIA Station (86.9%), the station nearest to the airport
- Asia World Station (72.9%), facilitating transfers to the Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange
- Ninoy Aquino Station (81.5%)
- Santos Station (90.5%), the final station for first phase, complete with a bus terminal, sports facility and interconnection to nearby SM City Sucat
“In less than a year, we are to begin the commercial operations of the LRT-1 Cavite Extension Phase 1 Project,” LRMC president and CEO Juan F. Alfonso said.
He added the project would introduce the country to a modern railway experience featuring world-class amenities, user-friendly and PWD-friendly facilities, high safety and security standards, and value-added services.
The project achieved a record of 358,338 safe man-hours in September, accumulating a total of 11.8 million safe man-hours without a lost time incident.
RELATED READ: DOTr inaugurates expanded LRT-1 Baclaran depot