The term of SCMAP officials is one year. The term ends for 2012 officials on December 31. The officials who will take over in year 2013 will be elected by the membership on November 22, 2012 at the last general membership meeting for 2012.
Member companies are asked to specify their official rep for year 2013 as all official reps are available to be elected as directors.
In a change of procedure initiated last year, committee chairpersons are no longer elected, but appointed by the newly elected Board.
The current directors for 2012 whose term will expire, together with their officer positions and companies they represent, are:
- Ike Castillo- President, Fast Logistics
- Gabby Patag – Vice President, TNT Express Worldwide
- Anna Liza Quintos – Secretary, Globe Telecom
- Angelito Nepomuceno – Treasurer, Integrated Commissary
- Jet Chua – Auditor, Messe & Handel Corp.
- Atnel Gamboa – Benby Enterprises
- Max Yap – Oriental & Motolite Corp.
- Galvin Lagera – PLDT
- Renato Casas – JG Summit Corp.
- Sherwin Gonzales – Nestle Phils.
Amendment of By-Laws
The amendments approved by the membership at the GMM last June are still being processed at the Securities & Exchange Commission. One of these amendments affects the limit of two directors coming from logistics service providers. If the amendments are approved at SEC before the election, the amendment on LSP limit will apply.
Strategic Procurement Seminar
SCMAP has scheduled its last seminar for the year on November 16, Friday. This is the Strategic Procurement Seminar, conducted by UniMaC Business Consultancy, Inc.
Seminar fees are: SCMAP member P5,500 VAT included / Non-SCMAP member P6,875 VAT included.
Venue will be the Astoria Plaza on Escriva Drive (formerly Amber Ave.), Pasig City.
The seminar is targeted for two types of companies:
For companies procuring goods and logistics services, with the following objectives:
- Raise the level of procurement from clerical or commercial to strategic
- Analyze your “spend” to identify what needs most management attention
- Develop appropriate strategies to provide your company the assurance of reliable and value-for-money suppliers and service providers
For suppliers and logistics service providers
- Understand how customers categorize your company and services
- Improve value and competitive advantage to your customers
Target participants are limited to 30, and are expected to come from the following disciplines:
- Supply chain, Materials, Logistics, Procurement managers and staff
- Finance managers and other corporate executives
- Marketing and Sales professionals
Seminar topics include:
- Supply chain and strategic competitiveness
- Clerical, commercial and strategic level of SCM operations
- Prioritizing your efforts
- Understanding your supply market
- Strategic framework for analysis
- Generic strategies to reduce supply risks and improve value
The speaker will be Augusto Arguelles, Prof. in Operations & SCM, Ateneo Graduate School of Business, with over 30 years of consulting and managerial experience, Advanced Certificate in SCM, UN Intl. Trade Center.
Registrants must pay before November 9, 2012. In case of any tax withheld, registrant must provide certificate of tax withheld, together with payment. Cancellation fee is P1,000 after Nov. 13. Unused reservation not cancelled (‘no show’) will be billed in full.
10% discount if fully paid by November 2, 2012
How to pay. Make cheque payable to UNIMAC Business Consultancy,,not to SCMAP. Choose one below:
- Deposit payment (P5,500 VAT included per SCMAP participant / P6,875 VAT included for non-SCMAP) at any branch of the BPI, checking account of UNIMAC Business Consultantcy # 3191-0468-96. Then fax the validated deposit slip with your company name, to SCMAP-UniMaC c/o Ed Sanchez at 631-7042 or 671-4793. OR will be given at the seminar. Our TIN is 006-805-075 VAT
- For selected areas only (Manila, Makati, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Pasig, Marikina). arrange pick up payment. Specify address, contact person, contact number, date and time check is available.
Address inquiries and comments to Ed Sanchez at tel. 671-8670, fax 671-4793, cell 0918-914-1689, or email email@example.com. Those interested in DMAP training and other activities are requested to send their e-mail addresses.