Almost 300 government and industry executives trooped to the Clark International Airport (CRK) on May 26, 2023 for the year’s biggest business and networking conference on the logistics industry
The CRK Conference and Exhibit, themed “Clark International Airport: Emerging PH Gateway to Trade and Logistics” was keynoted by Transport Secretary Jaime Bautista
Bautista urged the development of CRK as a transshipment hub for international cargoes supported by aviation-related facilities
The conference and exhibit was co-organized by PortCalls and the Philippine Multimodal Transport and Logistics Association Inc
More than 20 sponsors supported the event
Almost 300 government and industry executives trooped to the Clark International Airport (CRK) on May 26, 2023 for the year’s biggest business and networking conference on the logistics industry.
Co-organized by PortCalls and the Philippine Multimodal Transport and Logistics Association Inc. and supported by CRK, Clark Development Corp (CDC), and Subic Clark Alliance for Development, the Clark International Airport Conference and Exhibit had the theme “Clark International Airport: Emerging PH Gateway to Trade and Logistics”. It highlighted the airport’s ability to facilitate trade and logistics not only for Clark and its neighboring areas, but also for the entire country.
Transportation Secretary Jaime Bautista delivered the keynote address while CDC President and CEO Atty Agnes Devanadera welcomed all participants.
Bautista urged the development of CRK as a transshipment hub for international cargoes supported by aviation-related facilities.
“We should look at developing Clark Airport as a transshipment center aided by fixed-based operators capable of supporting international freight operations as well as MRO (maintenance, repair, and operations), and cargo facilities,” Bautista said in in his keynote address.
Conference presentations also included:
- Operating A World-Class Terminal (CRK Head of Operations Dante Basanta)
- Economic Prospects for Central Luzon (National Economic and Development Authority Regional Director for Central Luzon Nerrisa Esguerra)
- Infrastructure Flagship Projects for Central Luzon (Transportation Undersecretary for Planning and Project Development Timothy John Batan)
- The Promise of New Clark City: Accelerating Growth in Central Luzon (Bases Conversion Development Authority president and CEO Aileen Zosa)
- Role of Subic Bay in Central Luzon Air-Sea Connectivity (Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority Deputy Administrator for Port Operations Atty Martin Kristoffer Roman)
- Navigating the Evolving Logistics Landscape: Key Strategies for Staying Ahead of the Curve (FedEx Philippines managing director Maribeth Espinosa)
- Easing Trade Transactions for Investors (Bureau of Customs-Port of Clark’s Charles Almond Mateo)
A walking tour of the airport plus a bus tour showcasing exciting infrastructure developments in Clark Freeport Zone formed part of the event.
The conference was supported by FedEx Philippines (Gold sponsor) and AGX, a. hartrodt, Aseana Holdings, Cargohaus, Cebu Pacific Cargo, U-Freight and UPS (Silver Sponsors).
Airspeed, Aratum, Avida Land, Container Ledger Account, Converge, DB Schenker, Fast Logistics Group, Maya, Philippine Airlines and Topuniverse are Bronze sponsors.
Exhibitors are Berthaphil, Inc, Poro Point Management Corp, and United PortUsers Confederation while Partners are Universal Robina Corp and Gardenia.