Transportation Accreditation, Permits and Pass for Ports (TAPPP) integrates the certificate of accreditation, permit to operate and vehicle access pass for transport service providers in ports
The requirement for the use of the single document took effect on Jan 1
TAPPP is valid for three years
The certificate of accreditation (CA), permit to operate (PTO) and vehicle access pass for transport service providers in ports have been integrated into one document: the Transportation Accreditation, Permits and Pass for Ports or TAPPP.
Starting January 1, TAPPP is being required of transport service providers doing business at ports under the jurisdiction of the Philippine Ports Authority (PPA). The new regulation is contained in PPA Administrative Order 01-2022 dated January 3 and signed by general manager Jay Daniel Santiago.
TAPPP rationalizes the existing process in keeping with Republic Act 11032 or the Ease of Doing Business and Efficient Government Service Delivery Act, PPA said on its Facebook page.
While TAPPP is recognized in all ports nationwide, PPA said the regulation is exclusive of the commercial and technical service arrangements of port service providers and terminal operators to facilitate and expedite transactions with port users.
TAPPP is valid for three years from date of issuance. A renewal application must be filed 60 days before its expiration, AO 01-2022 said.
Providers with existing CA, PTO and vehicle pass will be issued a TAPPP at no cost. The TAPPP is co-terminus with the validity of the CA.
All applications for issuance of the CA, PTO and vehicle access pass pending with PPA offices as of Dec 31, 2021 will be processed and issued a TAPPP, according to AO 01-2022.
The application for the issuance of TAPPP is online and may be found at www.ppa.com.ph.
Requirements for the issuance of TAPP are as follows:
- Application form with omnibus statement
- Articles of Incorporation/Partnership (corporation/partnership); Certificate of Registration (sole proprietorship); Certificate of Corporation (cooperative)
- Latest income tax return
- Proof of authorization (secretary’s certificate for corporation/partnership/cooperative); authorization letter signed by sole proprietor (single proprietor)
- List of trucks together with their official receipt and Certificate of Registration with deed of sale/assignment/transfer, as applicable
TAPPP processing fees are:
- TAPPP – P10,500
- Vehicle pass sticker code – P100 per truck/vehicle
- Replacement of lost or damaged TAPPP – P600
- Amendment of TAPPP – P600
Fees are VAT exclusive.
Applicants’ designated personnel/workers must attend a Basic Port Orientation Seminar not later than 30 days from the issuance of their TAPPP.