NCR still under Alert level 1 until May 15
61 areas and 33 cities and municipalities will also be under Alert Level 1 and 44 areas under Alert Level 2
The National Capital Region will remain under COVID-19 Alert Level 1 status from May 1 to 15, 2022, according to the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF).
Also placed under Alert Level 1 during the same period are the following areas:
- Cordillera Administrative Region: Abra, Apayao, Kalinga, Mountain Province, and Baguio City
- Region I: Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union, Pangasinan, and Dagupan City
- Region II: Batanes, Cagayan, Isabela, Quirino, and City of Santiago
- Region III: Aurora, Bataan, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga, Tarlac, Zambales, Angeles City, and Olongapo City
- Region IV-A: Batangas, Cavite, Laguna, Rizal, and Lucena City
- Region IV-B: Marinduque, Oriental Mindoro, Romblon, and Puerto Princesa City;
- Region V: Albay, Catanduanes, Naga City
- Region VI: Aklan, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo Province, Bacolod City, and Iloilo City
- Region VII: Siquijor, Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, and Mandaue City
- Region VIII: Biliran, Eastern Samar, Southern Leyte, Ormoc City, and Tacloban City
- Region IX: Zamboanga City
- Region X: Camiguin, Bukidnon, Misamis Oriental, Cagayan de Oro City, and Iligan City
- Region XI: Davao City
- CARAGA: Surigao del Sur and Butuan City
The following cities and municipalities will likewise be under Alert Level 1 from May 1 to 15.
- Cordillera Administrative Region: Tublay, Benguet
- Region IV-A: Candelaria, Quezon; Dolores, Quezon; and San Antonio, Quezon
- Region IV-B: Cagayancillo, Palawan
- Region V: Caramoan, Pili, and Tigaon, Camarines Sur; and Capalonga, Camarines Norte
- Region VI: Candoni, Negros Occidental and Tobias Fornier (Dao), Antique
- Region VII: Amlan (Ayuquitan), Negros Oriental and Duero, Bohol
- Region VIII: Matalom, Leyte
- Region IX: Jose Dalman (Ponot) and Labason, Zamboanga del Norte; Molave and Ramon Magsaysay (Liargo) Zamboanga del Sur; and Buug, Zamboanga Sibugay
- Region X: Tudela, Misamis Occidental; Baroy, Lanao del Norte; Lala, Lanao del Norte; and Tubod, Lanao del Norte
- Region XI: Caraga, Davao Oriental
- Region XII: City of Koronadal, South Cotabato; Arakan, North Cotabato; and Lebak, Sultan Kudarat
- CARAGA: Kitcharao, Agusan del Norte; Santa Josefa, Agusan del Sur; Libjo (Albor), Dinagat Islands; and General Luna, Surigao del Norte
- Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM): South Upi, Maguindanao and Turtle Islands, Tawi-Tawi
The following areas will be under Alert Level 2:
- Cordillera Administrative Region: Benguet, Ifugao
- Region II: Nueva Vizcaya
- Region IV-A: Quezon Province
- Region IV-B: Occidental Mindoro and Palawan
- Region V: Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Masbate, and Sorsogon
- Region VI: Antique and Negros Occidental
- Region VII: Bohol, Cebu, and Negros Oriental
- Region VIII: Leyte, Northern Samar and Western Samar
- Region IX: City of Isabela, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga del Norte and Zamboanga Sibugay
- Region X: Lanao del Norte and Misamis Occidental
- Region XI: Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, Davao Oriental, Davao de Oro and Davao Occidental
- Region XII: General Santos City, North Cotabato, Sarangani, Sultan Kudarat and South Cotabato
- CARAGA: Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Dinagat Islands and Surigao del Norte
- BARMM: Basilan, Cotabato City, Lanao del Sur, Maguindanao, Sulu and Tawi-Tawi
Alert level classifications of cities and municipalities under IATF Resolution No. 166-A not otherwise affected by the new alert level status will remain in effect until May 15.
Alert Level 1 refers to areas where case transmission is low and decreasing, total bed utilization rate, and intensive care unit utilization rate is low.
Alert Level 2 refers to areas where case transmission is low and decreasing, healthcare utilization is low, or case counts are low but increasing, or case counts are low and decreasing but total bed utilization rate and intensive care unit utilization rate is increasing.
In areas under Alert Level 1, which is the lowest level of alert status, all private offices and workplaces, including public and private construction sites, may operate at full 100% capacity. Public transportation in areas can be at full seating capacity.
In areas under Alert Level 2, establishments, or activities, will be allowed to operate, or be undertaken at a maximum of 50% indoor venue capacity for fully vaccinated individuals and those below 18 years of age, even if unvaccinated, and 70% outdoor venue capacity.