Metro Manila remains under general community quarantine (GCQ) from July 1 to 15, according to President Rodrigo Duterte in a televised address on June 30.
Cebu City also kept its enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) status.
Duterte said Metro Manila has had “substantial compliance” with quarantine protocols while Cebu City remains under ECQ due to its high number of COVID-19 cases.
Other areas under CGQ are:
- Lapu Lapu City, Cebu
- Mandaue City, Cebu
- Talisay City, Cebu
- Minglanilla, Cebu
- Consolacion, Cebu
- Ormoc City
- Southern Leyte
Areas under modified GCQ (MGCQ) are:
- Cordillera Administrative Region: Abra, Baguio City, Ifugao, Kalinga
- Region I: Ilocos Norte, La Union, Pangasinan
- Region II: Cagayan, Isabela
- Region III: Bataan, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga, Angeles City
- Region IV-A: Batangas, Laguna, Quezon, Lucena City
- Region IV-B: Palawan, Puerto Princesa City
- Region V: Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Naga City
- Region VI: Capiz, Iloilo, Iloilo City, Negros Occidental, Bacolod City
- Region VII: Cebu Province, Bohol, Negros Oriental;
- Region VIII: Tacloban City, Western Samar
- Region IX: Zamboanga City, Zamboanga del Sur
- Region X: Bukidnon, Misamis Occidental, Misamis Oriental, Cagayan de Oro
- Region XI: Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, Davao City, Davao de Oro
- Region XII: Cotabato, South Cotabato
- Region XIII: Agusan del Norte, Butuan City
- BARMM: Lanao del Sur, Maguindanao
The rest of the country are under “low-risk’ MGCQ.
ECQ is a form of community quarantine implementing temporary measures imposing stringent limitations on movement and transportation of people, strict regulation of operating industries, provision of food and essential services, and heightened presence of uniformed personnel to enforce community quarantine protocols, while MECQ is a less strict form of ECQ.
GCQ is a less restricted form of community quarantine than MECQ while MCGQ is a more relaxed version of GCQ and is the transition phase to the “new normal.”