- The Inter-agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases is downgrading Metro Manila’s alert level from 4 to 3 from October 16 to 31
- Under Alert Level 3, certain establishments or activities will be allowed to operate at a maximum of 30% on-site or venue/seating capacity
- The IATF has maintained the quarantine status of other areas in the country until the end of the month
Metro Manila’s quarantine alert level will be downgraded to 3 from 4 beginning October 16 until 31.
The downgrade, approved by the Inter-agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF), comes as daily active COVID-19 cases have dropped. The IATF earlier placed Metro Manila under Alert Level 4 from October 1-15 as part of the pilot implementation of a new alert level system for quarantines.
Areas under Alert Level 3, the third strictest level, are those where case counts are high and/or increasing, with total bed utilization rate and intensive care unit utilization rate increasing. Under this alert level, certain establishments or activities will be allowed to operate at a maximum of 30% on-site or venue/seating capacity.
Also allowed are intrazonal and interzonal travels subject to restrictions based on age and comorbidities as may be determined by local government units.
Certain establishments and venues will likewise be allowed a maximum of 30% indoor venue capacity for fully vaccinated individuals and 50% outdoor venue capacity.
Apayao, Kalinga, Batanes, Bulacan, Bataan, Cavite, Rizal, Laguna and Naga City will remain under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) from October 16 to 31.
Zamboanga City and Zamboanga del Norte were also placed under MECQ for the rest of the month.
To remain under general community quarantine (GCQ) with heightened restrictions for the rest of the month are the following:
- Luzon: Abra, Baguio City, Ilocos Sur, Pangasinan, Cagayan, Isabela, City of Santiago, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, Quezon and Batangas
- Visayas: Bacolod City, Capiz, Lapu-Lapu City, Negros Oriental and Bohol
- Mindanao: Zamboanga del Sur, Misamis Oriental, Cagayan de Oro City, Davao del Norte, Davao Occidental, Davao de Oro, Butuan City and Surigao del Sur
The following are under GCQ for October 16 to 31:
- Luzon: Ilocos Norte, Dagupan City, Ifugao, Benguet, Tarlac, Lucena City, Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, Puerto Princesa, Marinduque, Albay and Camarines Norte
- Visayas: Aklan, Antique, Guimaras, Negros Occidental, Iloilo City, Iloilo Province, Cebu City, Cebu Province, Mandaue City, Siquijor and Tacloban City
- Mindanao: Zamboanga Sibugay, Misamis Occidental, Iligan City, Davao City, Davao Oriental, Davao del Sur, General Santos City, Sultan Kudarat, Sarangani, North Cotabato, South Cotabato, Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Surigao del Norte, Dinagat Islands, Cotabato City and Lanao del Sur
All other areas will remain under modified GCQ.