Thursday, March 4, 2021
Home 3PL/4PL Heavy traffic seen with closure of Alabang southbound toll plaza from Feb...

Heavy traffic seen with closure of Alabang southbound toll plaza from Feb 20

  • Starting February 20, San Miguel Corp. (SMC) will close off the Alabang southbound exit toll plaza to usher construction works on the southbound section of the Skyway Extension Project
  • Motorists are advised to take alternative routes and to brace for heavy traffic in the affected area because of the advanced construction work to be undertaken
  • SMC president and COO Ramon Ang said opening of the southbound section has been pushed to June, while the northbound section will open on March 30

Starting February 20, the Alabang southbound exit toll plaza will be closed to traffic to usher construction works on the southbound section of the Skyway Extension Project, San Miguel Corporation (SMC) announced.

Skyway management is advising motorists to take alternative routes with the closure of the Alabang southbound toll plaza as work on the southbound section of the Skyway Extension is about to enter the advanced phase.

The alternative routes are as follows:

  • Class 1 headed to Alabang or Alabang-Zapote Road may take Filinvest Exit Toll Plaza towards their destination.
  • Class 1, 2 and 3 vehicles bound for Alabang, Putatan, and National Road may take the Susana Exit Toll Plaza, turn right at Susana Heights Ave., and turn either left or right on the National Road to their respective destinations.

Motorists should also expect heavy traffic in the affected area as an effect of the construction work, which will include installing girders, coping beams, and pre-cast slabs.

“We’re again appealing for patience and understanding from our motorists in the south and residents in the area, for any delays that they may experience, as we work to complete the Skyway Extension. We’ve put in place measures to help mitigate the impact on you and to ensure safety,” SMC president and chief operating officer Ramon Ang said in a statement.

In a separate statement during a recent event, Ang said the opening of the southbound section has been pushed to June, while the northbound section will open on March 30.

In November last year, work on the project stopped for a few days following an accident on a construction site. Prior to the work stoppage order, SMC had already said that completion of the Skyway Extension Project would be pushed back by two months to February 2021.

The P10-billion Skyway Extension project is a key feature of the 38-kilometer elevated Skyway system. It extends the elevated expressway from Skyway Main Line Toll Plaza in Sucat, Paranaque to Susana Heights at South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and back, providing motorists a direct connection to Skyway 1 and 2 and SMC’s recently opened Skyway Stage 3. It will also add three lanes going north and two lanes going south.

Once completed, the Skyway Extension will make travel to and from southern Metro Manila and southern Luzon provinces much faster and more convenient, especially with the new Skyway Stage 3 from Buendia, Makati to the North Luzon Expressway providing seamless connection to the north.

“With this, motorists coming from Cavite, Laguna, Batangas can bypass Alabang—and avoid experiencing or contributing to traffic there—and go straight to their destinations in Makati, Manila, San Juan, Quezon City, all the way to NLEX,” Ang noted.

“Another major benefit of this project will be the decongestion of traffic along major roads to Muntinlupa, Las Piñas, and Cavite. Traffic in areas such as the Alabang-Zapote Road and other roads feeding into SLEX has grown a lot in the past decades, because of more residential and industrial developments. With Skyway Extension’s increased capacity, traffic in these areas will ease and flow more freely,” he added.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

seven − 2 =

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

- Advertisment -