Orient Overseas Container Line has named its new 13,208-TEU container ship OOCL Chongqing.
The newbuild, the third 13,208-TEU-class ship to be delivered to OOCL, was christened at the Samsung Heavy Industries shipyard on Geoje Island, South Korea.
The OOCL Chongqing will be joining the company’s fleet this year. It will serve the Asia-Europe trade on the Loop 5 service in a 77-day round trip.
Her port rotation is Kwangyang, Busan, Shanghai, Ningbo, Yantian, Shekou, Singapore, Suez Canal, Rotterdam, Hamburg, Southampton, Suez Canal, Singapore, and back to Kwangyang.
- OOCL names latest 13,208-TEU box ship
- OOCL christens newest 13,208-TEU ship, plans rate hike
- OOCL names new 13,000-TEU box ship, announces G6 void trips
- OOCL names new 13,208-TEU ship, CSCL to order 18,000-TEU vessels
- New 13,208-TEU box ship to reinforce OOCL’s Asia-Europe fleet
- OOCL names latest 13,208-TEU ship, Yang Ming eyes 14,000-TEU newbuilds
- Hanjin adding India-China service
- CMA CGM voids six sailings during Chinese New Year festival
- Poland’s Gdansk port raises hopes for Asia-Europe trade
- CMA CGM optimizes China service, adds new Turkey call