Following the planning session and induction of 2013 SCMAP officials, SCMAP immediately went to work with its first GMM in February and its first Board meeting in March.
Activities that followed include:
- SCMAP President Gabby Patag had a meeting with JILS (Japan Institute of Logistics Systems)
- SCMAP officials attended the Clark Aviation Conference on Feb. 21-22
- SCMAP was a supporting organization at Arangkada 2013, organized by the Joint Foreign Chambers. President Gabby represented SCMAP
- SCMAP attended the Maritime workshop organized by MARINA. Past President Cora Curay attended for SCMAP
- Export Development Council Infrastructure Committee meeting. Also attended by Cora
More recently SCMAP was involved in the following activities:
- Meeting of the Supply Chain Philippines magazine staff, April 1
- Hearing on MNHPI rates, April 3
- Launch of ASEAN RORO, April 3
- SCMAP Board meeting, April 3
- Inauguration of the newly formed United Portusers Confederation, April 5
Following this flurry of activities, the following are lined up:
- Second GMM, April 18
- First SCMAP bowling tournament, April 19
- SCMAP Board meeting, May 3
- 2013 Logistics Immersion Course, May 17-19
In addition, the Salute to Supply Chain Excellence Awards has been announced. Winners will be determined and announced at the Annual Supply Chain Conference in September.
The Supply Chain Philippines magazine staff have been working furiously to put out the quarterly magazine, under the leadership of Vice President Arnel Gamboa.
Logistics Immersion Course
This is scheduled for May 17-19. The theme is “Supply Chain Philippines : The Next Chapter”.
Among the speakers lined up for the event are:
- Ike Castillo, President Fast Logistics, Managing the Emerging Logistics Profession in a Changing Logistics World
- Henry Basilio, President REID Foundation, ASEAN Connectivity Towards 2015
- Al, Lagera, UniMaC Consultant, Demand Forecasting and Planning
- Gus Arguelles, SCM Consultant & Lecturer, Basic Local & Foreign Procurement / Training Game on Electronic Procurement
- Henry Batallones, Country Manager SSI Schaefer, Choosing the Best Solutions for Your Warehouse
- Ronilo Balbieran, REID Foundation Team Leader, Global Economic Update and Its Impact on ASEAN Logistics
- Cora Curay, President XVC Logistics, Critical Role of Transport in Phil. Logistics
- Ike Castillo, Sea-Based Logistics in the Philippines
- Bobby Cabaero, TMI Director, VisMin, Cebu as Distribution Hub
- Ninoy Rollan, Transfluent Management CEO, Supply Chain Leadership
SCMAP is inviting both SCMAP members and non-members to attend this once a year event.
Address inquiries and comments to Ed Sanchez at tel. 671-8670, fax 671-4793, cell 0918-914-1689, or email email@example.com. Those interested in DMAP training and other activities are requested to send their e-mail addresses.